Jumping onto the digital bandwagon is old news. Businesses have already turned towards digital mediums for their various needs, irrespective of the type and size of the business, whether a large organization or a small scale enterprise, a local business or an international company.
Digital technology too is continuously evolving to help businesses perform better and grow to newer heights of success. The next logical step for businesses to reap in the benefits of digital marketing and technology is to switch to cloud computing, including hosting.
What is Cloud Computing and Hosting?
Cloud computing refers to the practice of using a remote server or network of servers in place of local servers to store data, process it and manage it too. The service which helps host computers on to these remote cloud servers is termed as hosting. These cloud hosting services can either be public or private hosting. Public hosting makes use of virtual servers selected from a pool of publicly available resources and these servers store as well as transit the data. For data that is more private and requires more security, a private cloud is used where the clouds use networks and servers that are ring fenced.
Cloud server hosting for your business
As compared to traditional hosting services where a single dedicated server was assigned, in cloud hosting multiple servers host the business probably from different locations too.
- In case of technical problems, where traditional hosting is concerned the site will be down until the problem is resolved. However, in the case of hosting on cloud, there are very slim chances of the site ever being down or there being technical snags.
- The feature of cloud where hosting is provided by a wide network of virtual servers in place of a physical one provides reliability. Thus, even if one server is offline, the underlying physical servers delivered on virtual platforms allow another virtual server to carry out the task by pulling resources from the numerous servers of the network. Businesses can thus rely on hosting services completely.
- Additionally, another feature of the cloud servers from which the businesses can benefit is that they pay for only the amount of resources they use. These resources can be utilized as and when the need arises but the business does not have to pay for unused resources when their use or demand is low. Likewise for higher utilization the capacity or resources can be spiked only as per needs. This cost saving feature of cloud computing and hosting gives it an added edge over traditional hosting, thus benefiting the business.
- Taking ahead where costing is as per utilization, it emphasizes the fact that the business can be scaled according to the need too and that too in real time. When there is heavy visitor traffic or when the business needs to implement new functions, it can request the cloud platforms for additional resources. Thus, cloud hosting even provides scalability.
- Despite the advantage of being scalable as per need and having a wide virtual network of servers, cloud hosting does not compromise on safety. The physical data centers that house the underlying servers provide the physical security, shielding against on-site disruption too.
Scalability, seamless resources and security of cloud computing and hosting along with the cost-saving attribute make it a preferred choice for businesses for hosting purposes.